Instrumented Interconnecteds Intelligent

At age 31, she’s the President of an international IT strategy and consulting firm, an alumna of the Bill & Melinda Gates and Ford foundations, and founder of “Women in Tech” – a networking group for Ghanaian women in IT. Along the way, Ethel Cofie has applied her expertise to such projects as developing a mobile application to connect expectant mothers to timely health advice. She’s also a member of the inaugural class of President Barack Obama’s Young African Leaders Initiative (YALI).

YouTube Preview Image

Launched to help spread the influence of emerging African leaders, YALI is the first program of its kind. The program gathers 500 business leaders between the ages of 25 and 35 (selected from more than 50,000 candidates) for six weeks of immersive professional development training and mentoring at top U.S. universities. Its goals are to connect the next generation of African leaders to each other and to U.S. government resources, and to help them develop the skills and networks they’ll need to improve the quality of life in their home communities.

As a lead partner with the YALI Network, IBM works closely with this year’s host universities Notre Dame and Yale, where IBM Fellows are engaging YALI participants on topics ranging from creativity and leadership, to business strategy, social technologies and financing. As part of this process, each IBM Fellow shares her unique perspective on IBM’s contribution to Africa’s economic development.

We’ve had a chance to participate in several of the YALI sessions, and have been gratified to see how quickly friendships and networks are developing among the young leaders. The collective energy and talent of sub-Saharan African nations is transforming the continent into a major commercial market and a global source of innovation. Capitalizing on opportunities for growth will require tenacity, skill and the types of partnerships that IBM is helping to incubate at YALI. As Africa’s economy continues to grow, we’re looking forward to continuing relationships with the continent’s next generation of leaders.

Jen Crozier is Vice President of Global Citizenship Initiatives at IBM.

Related Resources:

WSHU Radio: Twenty-five of President Obama’s Young African Leaders
Study at Yale This Summer

Ethel Cofie Gives Insights on YALI

IBM in Africa

IBM Corporate Citizenship in Sub-Saharan Africa

Technorati Tags: , , ,

Bookmark and Share

Previous post

Next post

12 Comments

August 28, 2014
8:44 PM

Hi there, You’ve done a great job. I’ll certainly digg it and personally suggest
to my friends. I’m sure they’ll be benefited from this site.

Posted by: l. a. weight loss

September 2, 2014
12:57 AM

Jot down your favorite memories, likes, dislikes and fun takeaways.

People like to buy a new outfit for the Christmas holiday, and they may eat an outdoor meal, or barbeque,
for their main meal on Christmas day. Floral arrangements in holiday colors are
a nice touch or you might even consider arranging coordinating bulbs or ornaments in a bowl as a centerpiece, and giving one
to each guest as a parting favor.

Posted by: zebra table decoration ideas

September 3, 2014
11:49 AM

They should be relatively challenging, but you should
ensure that you can meet them, with a minimum of pain, every time.
If you want to build a considerable business, you’ll have to be able to come up with constant leads.
For anybody who is scanning this report, I would guess that you are looking to register with Visalus and so
are searching around for reputable information about Visalus Sciences.

Posted by: it works global

September 6, 2014
7:39 AM

I simply could not depart your site prior to suggestimg that I
extremely lovd the standard information a person supply to your visitors?

Is gonna be back continuously in order to investigate cross-check new posts

Posted by: Lloyd Irvin mixed martial arts

September 13, 2014
1:38 AM

Howdy! I know this is kind of off-topic but I needed
to ask. Does building a well-established blog like yours take a massive amount work?
I am brand new to blogging but I do write in my journal
everyday. I’d like to start a blog so I can share my experience and views
online. Please let me know if you have any kind of ideas or tips for brand new aspiring bloggers.
Appreciate it!

Posted by: phase lasts

September 20, 2014
8:28 PM

,) energies are capable of treating the surface of the skin and the deep dermis, but do
not treat the middle layer of the dermis and thus
cannot achieve complete non-surgical rejuvenation or a non-surgical face-lift.
Sometimes, our decisions could be clouded by pressure from our
surroundings. Also people who are involved in entertainment industry are
often required to keep themselves look younger
and attractive since it.

Posted by: celebrity health

September 21, 2014
9:10 PM

We’ll show how to accomplish this with just a few simple steps.
Often the cancer can be removed from the skin, but 2,000 people still die annually, according to the American Cancer Society.
Every bride wants to look their radiant best on their
wedding day.

Posted by: best self spray tan

September 23, 2014
2:04 PM

Hi there, its pleasant piece of writing about media print, we all know media
is a impressive source of information.

Posted by: regime citron

October 4, 2014
9:02 AM

Hi there, I enjmoy reading all of your article. I wanted to write
a little comment to support you.

Posted by: shilajit

October 4, 2014
10:52 PM

The more one is exposed to the sun the more one can reduce the SPF factor
of the lotion at the risk of the skin becoming dried out, leathery and full of wrinkles.
Often the cancer can be removed from the skin, but 2,
000 people still die annually, according to the American Cancer Society.
A tanning solution provides the right kind of solution which is always extremely helpful in showing the best kind
of effect on your face.

Posted by: self tan cream

October 9, 2014
10:10 AM

When someone writes an piece of writing he/she keeps the thought
of a user in his/her brain that how a user can be aware of it.
So that’s why this article is amazing. Thanks!

Posted by: Clarine M. Reap

October 12, 2014
2:05 AM

Hi there I am so grateful I found your website, I
really found you by error, while I was looking on Digg for something else, Nonetheless I am here now and would just
like to say cheers for a remarkable post and a
all round entertaining blog (I also love the theme/design),
I don’t have time to read through it all at the minute but I have saved it and also added in your RSS feeds, so when I have time I will be back to read more, Please do keep
up the fantastic job.

Posted by: weight loss surgery

2 Trackbacks

July 25, 2014
11:33 PM

easy money…

Citizen IBM Blog…

Posted by: easy money

August 19, 2014
3:14 AM

weight loss chart for hcg diet…

Citizen IBM Blog…

Posted by: weight loss chart for hcg diet